Last modified: July 7, 2022
Sun Loan Company (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
“You” and “Your” refer to you as an individual person. If You are accessing the Site as an employee or representative of any other person or entity including any automated service or program “You” includes that person or entity and automated service or program.
This policy applies to the information we collect
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between You and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries);
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If You are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information. If You believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at:
Sun Loan Company
254 Spencer Lane
San Antonio, TX 78201
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which You may be personally identified, such as full name, date of birth, relationship status, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license number, employment information, information about Your debts, assets, and income, bank account and/or payment card information, username or any other identifier by which You may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information“);
- That is about You but individually does not identify You, such as the type of Your device; about Your internet connection, the equipment You use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Automatically as You navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, java script, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that You provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, loan application documents, documents uploaded by You in support of Your loan application, documents uploaded by You in support of or for servicing Your account, for example, refinancing and other similar account servicing tasks, or You requesting further services. We may also ask You for information when You enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when You report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of Your correspondence (including email addresses), if You contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask You to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As You navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about Your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of Your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that You access and use on the Website.
- Information about Your computer and internet connection, including Your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about Your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to Your individual interests.
- Speed up Your searches.
- Recognize You when You return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about You or that You provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to You.
- To provide You with information, products, or services that You request from us. For example, to process Your loan inquiry, in the loan application process, to underwrite Your loan, to process and fund Your loan, to service Your loan, to request or receive payments, information such as account notices, verify Your identity, prevent fraud, create and provide access to Your account, communicate with You about Your transactions, provide customer support, offer other products and services, send receipts or statements, and for other internal business purposes.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which You provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any loan contracts entered into between You and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify You about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow You to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when You provide the information.
- For any other purpose with Your consent.
We may also use Your information to contact You about goods and services that may be of interest to You if You opt-in to those services.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Sun Loan Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Sun Loan Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which You provide it. For example, if You give us an email address or contact information to use the “refer a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that referral and Your name and email address to our branches and call center.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when You provide the information.
- With Your consent.
We may also disclose Your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our agreements, including for collection purposes.
Please see our Privacy Notice for more information on how Personal Information may be shared and how You may be able to limit certain types of sharing.
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide You with choices regarding the personal information You provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide You with the following control over Your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. Sun Loan does not share or sell Your information with third-parties. See Sun Loan’s Privacy Notice for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
It is very important that Your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can review and change Your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting Your account profile page.
Location of Website
The website is operated in the United States. The website is meant only for users located in the United States.
Sun Loan Company
254 Spencer Lane
San Antonio, TX 78201
View our current privacy notice here.